Sunday, July 12, 2009

Naples Makeup Artist Talks On Applying Make Up: 1930's picture look


This look is very simple and easy to do if you have the right tools and techniques. This model came to me and told me that she didn't want to look 16 but also wanted to have a 1930's look. I chose the following to give her exactly what she wanted. When she left she was extremely happy!

EYES:

For the eyes I first layed on a shadow base to give the black its true color and make sure her makeup stayed on for the whole shoot. I then took a dark black shadow and placed it all over her lid and above the crease, finishing the corners off with an even darker shadow and again giving a cat like effect. I then blended a lighter white/gray shadow from the upper crease to the brow.

For a final touch, I went in and blended the entire eye with a blender eye brush. I then took a pencil brush and went underneath the eye with the darkest shadow.

For a liner I used a MAC smolder pencil for the waterline (blended into the shadow under the eye) and above the eye line which I also blended into the shadow. The end result was a nice, clean smokey eye.

LIPS & CHEEKS:

The lips took some work to make sure that the red didn't run. I took a Russian Red lipstick from MAC and partnered it with their Brick lip pencil. The end result was a beautiful, clean red lip with perfect shape!

For the cheeks I used Blunt MAC blush for a contour and above it I used blush baby to give it some highlights. This gave her a nice oval face shape. Contouring can always change the shape of the face and manipulate it how you'd like.


JPB
Naples Makeup Artist
Follow me on twitter for more articles and tips!- http://twitter.com/pro_makeup_jess
If you wish to book me (preferably 2 weeks in advance) email me at: jpb995@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment