Thursday, June 25, 2009

Naples Makeup Artist talks on How to do Makeup: Foundation



One of the hardest concepts to grasp is the principle of foundation and how to do makeup the right way for your skin type. The most common skin types are dry, oily, normal and combination. A fellow Naples makeup artist and artist to the stars revealed her biggest secret to me for applying foundation on a job we did a few months ago: "Always use a brush, never a sponge, and choose which specific brush based on desired coverage. The harder the bristles, the fuller the coverage, the softer the bristle, the more airbrushed and light coverage look. When it comes to skin, figure out which skin type you have and prep it accordingly for foundation ALWAYS with a cleanser, toner, moisturizer and primer if needed."
After listening to her advice, I found that one of my absolute favorite brushes for foundation is the MAC 189 brush, (first brush shown) which is great for concealer and the areas needed for better coverage. My second favorite is the MAC 187 (Second shown) because it glides on foundation giving it an airbrushed look without sucking up all of your product like a sponge.
When asked how to do makeup by my clients, I always give them these helpful tips for the perfect look. :)

JPB
Naples Makeup Artist
Follow me on twitter for awesome articles and more beauty advice! - http://twitter.com/pro_makeup_jess

If you wish to book me (preferably 2 weeks in advance) email me at: jpb995@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment