Monday, June 29, 2009

Naples Makeup Artist talks on How to do makeup: Cat Eye Makeup



As a Naples makeup artist one of the most popular requests I get from my clients is a smokey, cat eye. One of the common myths is that smokey eyes can only be done in black, however you can do a smokey eye in any color you want! Normally when doing cat eyes you use multiple colors to create the "winged out" effect. The image on the right is a classic example of three different colored BLUES used to make a smokey eye. (the image to the left is much more dramatic but can be softened in black just the same way).
First: Pick out three shadows of the same color, but different shades, one very light, one medium and one dark (such as a blue white, teal and navy).
Second: Apply medium shade (teal) from lash line to lid, BELOW crease
Third: Apply light shade underneath the brow, creating a gap between the teal on the lid and light shadow in the brow.
Fourth: With a creased shadow brush, apply darker shade in the crease and "wing out" past the normal eye line. Bring the dark shade down to go on the outer corner of the lid and connect for a "cat like" shape. (see image on right above) blend as necessary.

When asked how to do makeup I always say one specific thing: PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! There is no eye or face shape alike so it is so important that you find a technique that works for you and practice it! If you have any questions on how to do makeup or skin care feel free to email me or follow me on twitter! I am always happy to answer any questions :).

JPB
Naples Makeup Artist
Follow me on twitter for more tips and cool articles! - https://twitter.com/pro_makeup_jess
If you wish to book me (preferably 2 weeks in advance) email me at: jpb995@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment