Saturday, July 4, 2009

Naples Makeup Artist Shows you How to do Makeup: Clear, smooth skin


As a Naples makeup artist, I get asked constantly about skin care. What products should I use? Are the cheap ones as good as the expensive ones? How can I eliminate bacterial build up in my makeup? As I have mentioned in my previous blog on skin care and how to do makeup, there are certain products that match certain skin types. Sometimes the cheap drug store brand is the way to go, however when you buy the expensive products you get the absolute best ingredients.

If you are someone who tends to break out or is not getting the results that you want, one of the largest steps people tend to take for granted is CLEANING YOUR BRUSHES!!! I cannot stress enough how important it is to invest in some type of brush cleaner and clean your brushes every day! Bacterial build up can happen as fast as overnight, and the next day you are applying all of that build up onto your sensitive skin.

The best routine is to:

1. Clean your brushes after every use with a brush cleanser, MAC makes a good one that is just as cheap as drug stores

2. ONCE A WEEK, shampoo your brushes with moisturizing shampoo and allow to dry. Think of the brushes as the hair on your head, you wouldn't want to dry your hair out with regular bar soap would you?


It is a step that MUST be taken and simply takes less than 5 minutes. Staying hygenic can seriously improve the look and feel of skin. If you have any questions on how to do makeup or skin care, feel free to email me!


JPB

Naples Makeup Artist

Follow me on twitter for more tips & awesome articles! -http://twitter.com/pro_makeup_jess

If you wish to book me (preferably 2 weeks in advance) email me at: jpb995@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment