Saturday, July 11, 2009

Naples Makeup Artist Talks on how to do makeup: Photo talk


In this image I was told to give the model a subtle "rocker chick" look. I used the following techniques and makeup to do the look:

EYES:

I took a smokey black shadow and applied it in a "cat like" shape all over the lid and above the crease of the eye, blending from the crease upwards with a brow highlighter. Underneath the eye I took the same shadow with a pencil brush and lined the bottom outside of the water line. To finish off the shadow I took a pink, sparkle pigment and dusted it over the black smokey shadow with a wet, lid brush. The pink came through as almost a see through sparkle effect.

I then took a eye kohl, (basic pencil liner) in smolder (deep black) and ran it on the top eye line while smudging it to blend with the rest of the black shadow. Underneath the eye I took that same pencil and worked it into the water line, also blending with the shadow already placed on the lower eye line.

Finally I finished with half lashes on the outer corners of the eye (fake lashes cut in half) to give her a winged out cat look, and brushed over them with some black, basic mascara (top and bottom lashes).

LIPS & CHEEKS:

For the lips I added MAC's Girl About Town lipstick (a bright pink with a lot of pigment) paired with a cranapple liner. I didn't use gloss because it might have dumbed down the pigment in the lipstick.

For cheeks I took a dark contour blush with an angle brush and went over the inner cheek. On the cheekbone I used a lighter, pink shade to match the pink look and rocker theme.

As a Naples makeup artist I'm asked to do these types of looks all of the time for the eyes! If you have any questions on how to recreate this look just email me :).

JPB
Naples Makeup Artist
Follow me on twitter for more awesome articles and tips!- http://twitter.com/pro_makeup_jess
If you wish to book me (preferably 2 weeks in advance) email me at: jpb995@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment