Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Naples Makeup Artist Talks on Face Makeup for Pictures: (Weddings, Prom, Photo shoots, etc.)

There is one specific rule that is applied when it comes to photography of any kind, (unless you are going for a certain type of look) and that is STAY MATTE! I know I have mentioned this before in my prom makeup blog but I want to reiterate some tricks and tips that can make this happen! As a Naples makeup artist I get asked all the time about photography foundation and what is good to use :).

One major tip is to watch what kind of primer you apply to your skin before your foundation. Although MAC foundation primer is excellent, it has bits of glimmer in it to give your skin a nice glow which is NOT what you'd like for picture taking. In some cases shimmer can look like oil on camera.

Use a foundation like Studio Sculpt (MAC) which is specifically designed for pictures, or Cliniques Stay Matte foundation. Make sure eye shadows are also kept matte. Shimmer and frost are beautiful, but for cerain beauty shots are not what you need. Shadow is a bit more flexible however depending on what you're going for.

My last tip is to apply a bit more makeup than usual as the camera dumbs down all makeup! Clown makeup is a bit extreme but a good way to think about your application when taking pictures. If you have any questions feel free to email me! as a Naples Makeup Artist I am constantly asked about makeup and skin care and am happy to respond to help people :).

JPB
Naples Makeup Artist
Follow me on twitter for more awesome tips and articles!- http://twitter.com/pro_makeup_jess
If you wish to book me (preferably 2 weeks in advance) email me at: jpb995@msn.com

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful tips for the face makeup... Thanks for sharing!! Love to know about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous to know such tips. I will definitely make an attempt while having photos. Thank you for such tips as I am surely going to pass on this to my friends for younger and gorgeous look.
    ----------------
    Sana.
    Esthetics College

    ReplyDelete