Monday, July 13, 2009

Naples Makeup Artist Talks About the Perfect Eye Makeup


As a Naples makeup artist I have been asked to give the "perfect eye" for each eye shape, given the close photography done by local photographers. In this particular picture, I was asked to make the eyes look absolutely perfect given the fact that it is such a close up shot. Here are some of the techniques I used:

First I took the same basic techniques I used for the 1930's look and applied it to the model's eyes. Instead of applying a blending brush and blending everything together, I brought out the liner way past the outer corner of the eyes and then took two different pigments and aligned them along the lid.

Gold and Green pigments (sparkle) were used to bring out the green in her eyes. Also the long eye liner accentuated her almond eye shape to give a beautiful Cleopatra eye!

Eventually I took a blending brush and slightly added a white/gray highlighter under the brow bone to make the look just a TAD softer. The eyes came out beautiful and especially glimmered in the cameras.

If you have any questions on how to do this look or how to do makeup in general please feel free to email me :)!

JPB
Naples Makeup Artist
Follow me on twitter for more tips and great articles!- http://twitter.com/pro_makeup_jess
If you wish to book me (preferably 2 weeks in advance) email me at: jpb995@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment